Story of Learning



I think I have really completed lots of my writing goals.
I have really used a lot of details, and used great word choice. For an example here is one of my lines from my story Koko Lake: I sunk down, the masses of seaweed tickled my spine. Even my teacher commented on my writing saying that used a great opening, had a great ending and used plenty of good words. Since I have completed the good opening and fine closing I think my new goal will be to really expand on my word choice. One of my math goals is to learn some geometry. Although we haven't done geometry I am looking forward to it. I don't feel that I have really gotten a lot better at reading aloud and using expression at the same time. In order for me to keep trying I will read aloud to my mom more often. I think in order for me to really get used to Middle School I need to do my homework right away without getting distracted, because in Middle School you get sheets of paper that are due the next day not at the end of the week. So I can't forget or leave things for the last minute. I hope that I can get all my homework done on time every day at Middle School.


I think, as I mentioned before, that my writing is going really well. But I think I can still improve in every subject. In reading I will to focus on only one book instead of reading like three books at a time. On math I think I have improved in many parts, especially with my division and multiplication, but I still need to work on my multiplying with fractions that have mixed numbers. I think the biggest success this year was my narrative story called Koko Lake. I think I really became a better writer during that time. Also I have been reading a lot faster then the beginning of the year. Some challenges have been in writing. When i was writing my realistic fiction story I had to many conversations and not enough detail. But then I took the story home and worked on it with my mom, and I went from having nine conversations to three. I think something that has really helped me with all my subjects and especially my homework has been my parents. They have helped me work things through and figure everything out I would like to thank them.
I think that at the beginning of the year, you don't really know the style of the teacher, and your classmates. So whatever you did last year isn't exactly the same. So for me I kind of have to start over and get used to my class and classmates. Hence the reason my starting scores and cooperation scores are lower than now. I think I have gotten more responsible since the year has gotten by especially with homework. I think that after a few months I started to cooperate more with my classmates
, because I have gotten to know them more. So then the more I know them, the more I can relate to them, kid around with them and just talk to them better. I think I work well when I get to pick my partner, because when we get assigned partners we usually have to work with girls. The only bad thing about that is that the girls then get shy and don't talk and they act as if they don't want to be there. It makes me feel unwanted. Where as when I get to pick my partner I choose a friend do we can actually talk. I think at the beginning of the year I always left my homework for the last minute. But now I do it right after school. I think that has really helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment